* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Big thread of Wifi  (Read 83686 times)

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
Re: Big thread of Wifi
« Reply #105 on: July 26, 2012, 03:34:21 AM »
Terry.E   4427 8131 0068  Diamond

I know diamond is outdated but i have 2 boxes full of good pokemon (mostly legendarys) I LOVE TO BATTLE THOUGH and i have a ditto for breeding so i am willing to give up most pokemon that can be breeded (i'm not sure breeded is a real word but you know what I meant) i have cheated with an AR but only rare candy cheat i don't have an AR of my own so i can't cheat in battles anyway PM me for trade or battle

P.S. time zone is new york/atlantic

Using Rare Candies from an AR is cheating if you use those Pokemon to battle with. I think that it's a little disgraceful to trade those to people too. It's like selling faulty merchandise

Actually in competitive WiFi battles it is completely fine to use AR pokemon as long as they are made to be exactly as you can have them in game.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 26, 2012, 12:57:56 PM »
Terry.E   4427 8131 0068  Diamond

I know diamond is outdated but i have 2 boxes full of good pokemon (mostly legendarys) I LOVE TO BATTLE THOUGH and i have a ditto for breeding so i am willing to give up most pokemon that can be breeded (i'm not sure breeded is a real word but you know what I meant) i have cheated with an AR but only rare candy cheat i don't have an AR of my own so i can't cheat in battles anyway PM me for trade or battle

P.S. time zone is new york/atlantic

Using Rare Candies from an AR is cheating if you use those Pokemon to battle with. I think that it's a little disgraceful to trade those to people too. It's like selling faulty merchandise

Actually in competitive WiFi battles it is completely fine to use AR pokemon as long as they are made to be exactly as you can have them in game.

It's still cheating to get an end result when you could've worked for it in the first place.

That and I've been to tournaments, that kind of stuff gets you disqualified for cheating anyways
Corpsair, Decapitain, Sparcrow, Condurit. Stumpole, Steekee, Totember, Flaracuda... My current list of ideas for Pokemon.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 26, 2012, 01:34:46 PM »
Gotta say I been in quite a few tournaments and not one has had any rule against using AR.(long as its a legit AR pokemon) But I guess it's different in different places.

And it's done on many of the main sites such as smogon for competitive WiFi battles. Mostly no one cares as long as you don't cheat in the way of giving a pokemon something that they normally wouldn't have. Most people announce that they are using legit AR pokemon when looking for a battle.

I don't see using legit AR pokemon for tournaments as a problem. As it keeps you from wasting tons and tons of time training/breeding pokemon. Thats just too much life wasted for someone to do that every time they want to play with a new team in a WiFi battle. I'm not saying training and breeding pokemon is hard but when you have to do it for 20, 40 or 70 pokemon it gets ridiculous.

Would just like to add:
I don't like people using any kind of AR pokemon for trades.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 26, 2012, 04:27:22 PM »
Gotta say I been in quite a few tournaments and not one has had any rule against using AR.(long as its a legit AR pokemon) But I guess it's different in different places.

And it's done on many of the main sites such as smogon for competitive WiFi battles. Mostly no one cares as long as you don't cheat in the way of giving a pokemon something that they normally wouldn't have. Most people announce that they are using legit AR pokemon when looking for a battle.

I don't see using legit AR pokemon for tournaments as a problem. As it keeps you from wasting tons and tons of time training/breeding pokemon. Thats just too much life wasted for someone to do that every time they want to play with a new team in a WiFi battle. I'm not saying training and breeding pokemon is hard but when you have to do it for 20, 40 or 70 pokemon it gets ridiculous.

Would just like to add:
I don't like people using any kind of AR pokemon for trades.

Although I must say, this kind of thing isn't as bad as those who decide to cheat by turning off their system in the middle of an online battle. Those people need to die in a fire. Like seriously, it's a game, losing isn't the end of the world.

*Note: I also have various Pokes with Egg moves like Night Slash Oshawott now available. Took me a bit of tracking/flipping through Pokedexes both online and the guides I own but I have some, B/W only Pokes
Corpsair, Decapitain, Sparcrow, Condurit. Stumpole, Steekee, Totember, Flaracuda... My current list of ideas for Pokemon.

Offline TerryE

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 26, 2012, 09:48:23 PM »
i beat the game a LONG time ago had no wifi until now. most of my good pokés are from my leafgreen which got stolen and they were TRAINED to lvl 100 then migrated so don't so quick to call me out as a COMPLETE cheater my game got really boring after the main quest was done so that led to AR usage (kinda like drugs)
Quality is ALWAYS better than quantity. ALWAYS

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 26, 2012, 10:17:09 PM »
Even with that, using AR is still cheating. That isn't the only reason you shouldn't use it, though. It can also mess up your game, I've had  multiple friends before who used AR and it broke their game.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline TerryE

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2012, 03:20:00 AM »
I know it can mess up your game that's why i've been skeptical on buying my own AR. It sounds like the only way to trade/battle with you guys is to delete my save data. I would lose all my pokés from leafgreen and my japanese snorlax gts traded pokemon etc.
Even with that, using AR is still cheating. That isn't the only reason you shouldn't use it, though. It can also mess up your game, I've had  multiple friends before who used AR and it broke their game.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 03:26:29 AM by TerryE »

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2012, 03:47:53 AM »
Well, if you wanted to go  that sort of route, if you don't have too many cheated pokemon, you could always release them if you wanted. I also did this in the past, when I would get a new DS pokemon game and feel like starting an old one from the beginning, I would borrow my brother's DS (now I have a 3ds so I just use MY old one now). I would trade all the pokemon I really wanted to keep onto another game, and restart. When I was a high enough level to use them after restarting, I would trade them back. Just suggestions. But also, when you've worked hard to get all your pokemon (even through trading), it just gives you a sort of sense of pride.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2012, 01:56:06 PM »
I know it can mess up your game that's why i've been skeptical on buying my own AR. It sounds like the only way to trade/battle with you guys is to delete my save data. I would lose all my pokés from leafgreen and my japanese snorlax gts traded pokemon etc.

There's no point to get rid of Pokemon you've already traded for, as those are already, most likely, legit Pokes. I always delete save data myself, but it's because I like restarting sometimes. I got bored and used an AR on a Black version, and decided to go through using Meloetta, Genesect, Keldeo and seeing what they're like to use. This was like June last year, restarted it since then

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2012, 03:40:29 PM »

There's no point to get rid of Pokemon you've already traded for, as those are already, most likely, legit Pokes. I always delete save data myself, but it's because I like restarting sometimes. I got bored and used an AR on a Black version, and decided to go through using Meloetta, Genesect, Keldeo and seeing what they're like to use. This was like June last year, restarted it since then

This is true, don't get rid of any of your non-cheated pokemon, as I sort of mentioned before.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline TerryE

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 27, 2012, 05:17:32 PM »
i'll just wait till I get another game, trade the legit pokés over from diamond to the new game start over diamond then trade back when the time is right. Until i get another game i'll watch the anime

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 27, 2012, 06:36:47 PM »
i'll just wait till I get another game, trade the legit pokés over from diamond to the new game start over diamond then trade back when the time is right. Until i get another game i'll watch the anime

By new game if you mean the newest Black and White or their upcoming sequels, than you won't be able to trade them back to Diamond once they're on the new generation. Although, I'm not quite sure if that's necessarily a bad thing, as I would think that more people use the newer games online anyway, but it's up to you.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline TerryE

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 29, 2012, 01:21:18 AM »
I meant new game as in heartgold ( yes, HG is better than SS played both all the way through)

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 29, 2012, 02:29:07 AM »
Ah I see (and I disagree)
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • They said I could be anything, so I became a snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 29, 2012, 10:25:21 AM »
I meant new game as in heartgold ( yes, HG is better than SS played both all the way through)

Funny, seeing as how they're pretty much the exact same game, other than the fact that you get Ho-oh first in Heart Gold and Lugia first in Soul Silver...along with the Sacred Ash before the Elite Four in Heart Gold...

So I don't see how either one could be superior to the other in any way.