* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: Final Fantasy  (Read 21264 times)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2010, 05:49:27 pm »
[...]
Since some people here are missing the point or haven't even played a game in the FF series, to all those people: YOU MUST PLAY FINAL FANTASY OR YOU WILL ROT IN HELL. And the FF games are RPGs.
[...]

I only played FFIV on gameboy advance and I must say I like it at that time... and I didn't like the one on Nintendo DS, the strategy game. Got me bored after a while... Didn't play anymore, don't have any PS (I do have one, but don't laugh, it's the old one, the PS1) and not much games at home... :(
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Flannery

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
  • Uh... Hi? :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2010, 08:52:40 am »
Final Fantasy 7 is overrated. I heard FF13 in Japan failed.. I'm anticipating FF13 Versus. xD Noctis Lucis Caelum looks soo cool  8) Way cooler than Cloud and Zack xD

Offline Hiteryan

• Music Composer
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • Oh gawd awesoem.
    • View Profile
    • Hitey's YouTube
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2010, 02:12:33 pm »
Final Fantasy 7 is overrated.
*thumbs up* :3
Pokémon Universe Music Composer Guy Dude Person!
Hiteryan on YouTube - Vimeo (I'm a filmmaker too!) - last.fm

Offline AddisonH

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2010, 11:44:45 pm »
My favorite Final Fantasy game is Final Fantasy X (and its sequel, X-2). But once Final Fantasy XIII comes out, I have a feeling it will knock X out of my #1 spot.  :)

I agree with everything you just said xD
My favorite is FFX and the sequel X-2 too and once FFXIII comes out that will be my #1 favorite also :P

Offline drpepper245

• Beginning Trainer
  • <(o.o<)c=(^^Q)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2010, 11:56:55 pm »
and my favorite is Xlll which is 7 i think!!!
XIII is 13 which hasn't come out yet. VII is 7.

Since some people here are missing the point or haven't even played a game in the FF series, to all those people: YOU MUST PLAY FINAL FANTASY OR YOU WILL ROT IN HELL. And the FF games are RPGs.

As for me, I very sadly haven't played FFVII in its entirity :c So I'd have to say my personal favorite is FFVI (6) without a doubt. Everything about it is just perfect. Especially the soundtrack. I very honestly see the FFVI soundtrack as the greatest musical accomplishment ever. Seriously.

I also enjoyed FFX alot, which was the first one I've played (lol I suck). As for every other FF I love them too.

Yeah, I have to agree that FF VI was the best, hands down. I just found the cast to be likable and the soundtrack as you have mentioned was phenomenal.

On a side note, I don't believe FF VII is overrated, I still believe it's a great game, minus all the hate that follows it due to some random troll and the bandwagon.

Other than that, I also found FF X to be quite good, especially the English VO and OST, and let's add FF Versus XIII for future references.
"What can one do when one loses what matters most?" - Valkyrie Profile

Offline Salviking

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2010, 02:25:24 am »
i think for me it would have to ffvii
Cloud,sephiroth, and zack best characters ever!!!!!

Offline joe198098

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2010, 09:45:05 am »
i literally spent 5 hours on ff xii. straight. love the game, although i do wish you could see the armor you are wearing. also beat ff4 on the ds. surprisingly good. it was for the n64 originally i believe.

Offline ZeroKira

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2010, 11:43:08 am »
Lol nahhh, the best FF ever is Final Fantasy Tactics ! man it pwns lol, I just love it

Offline Blaze

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2010, 12:25:29 pm »
Are all you FF nerds ready for FFXIII? I certainly am, I can't wait to play it!

Graphics look sick, I just hope it retains the old-school feel that we all know and love.

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2010, 08:28:16 pm »
currently, I just beat FFTA2:Grimoire, and now I am adamantly waiting for FFXIV, which I will play almost as much as this pokemon mmo!

Offline Tohero212

• Beginning Trainer
  • Let's all get along guys!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2010, 10:26:35 pm »
Yeah I love the final fantasy tactics game also. Beat the GBA and DS versions of them. I liked also final fantasy X-2 cause the battle system was still turn based but kind of had a real-time feel to it. Final Fantasy 3 for the DS was fun because it had that old school RPG gameplay. (I love that.) And Dissidia was so much fun because it was kind of like a Smash Bros, but for the Final Fantasy series. As for FF13, that game does look amazing. From what I seen I am really hoping that it turns out good.
I'll put a new sig up when I feel like it...

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2010, 10:30:04 pm »
From what I seen I am really hoping that it turns out good.

It will be godly. =D

Offline liljoshuRAWR

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2010, 04:50:36 pm »
new one looks amzing :D but it ff i neva expect eneything less :) the guys who made this have to do a lot now, they set the high standers but i am shaw they will make this one more epic that ever :)

Offline chocobo

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2010, 03:39:25 pm »
My favorite Final Fantasies games are in this order:
1. Final Fantasy VIII - The story, the characters, the world, the guardian forces, the card game, the beautiful visuals, and the music! This game had everything I ever wanted in a Final Fantasy.
2. Final Fantasy X - I almost have to reiterate the above reasons. The story was fantastic, but a little disappointing. The characters were fun, and the game play itself was great. Also, Blitzball will probably go down as my favorite mini game in a Final Fantasy. I mean come one underwater soccer/rugby? You can't beat that.
3. Tactics - The battling and the quests had me hooked. I couldn't stop playing that game when I first got it.

Right now I am playing Final Fantasy III (VI in Japan) for super nintendo. If everything in the game continues the way it is, I do believe Tactics will be taken off the list, and I'll have a new number 3 (little pun intended).

Offline obi

• Beginning Trainer
  • Pffzt, Bleah, Mmmm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2010, 04:37:48 pm »
Final Fantasy X is the best because, A) It's the only one I've played all the way through B) Jailbait Rikku C) Auron's a badass D) Lulu's boobs E) All of the above.

I could do with never seeing or hearing the laughing scene again though.

Facebook
Twitter
Youtube

You've only got one mind. Lose it wisely.