* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: The BIG transportation topic (bikes, skateboards, etc..)  (Read 41732 times)

Offline spirit

• pikaNYA~
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • nyannyannyannyannyan
    • View Profile
Re: The BIG transportation topic (bikes, skateboards, etc..)
« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2010, 09:17:22 AM »
I read up to page 5; so, if this has been mentioned, forgive me.

However, the idea I had for transportation borrows from a few other games. I'm not saying that it should be a direct replica, but if it works, it works, you know? For flying, I do agree that it would detract from the overall game experience. Being able to fly between towns on the fly would make the game short, even with an abundance of content. So, instead, why not move along the lines of World of Warcraft and make it so that flying can happen between preset points. You would have to meet up with whoever was stationed at both of those points and pay to fly between them. That way, you would still have to travel everywhere on foot. It would just be more convenient for players who have already explored the land. The price would keep it from being abused, as well.

That's the idea, "something" like that.

We will have planes, trains, and automobiles
....and boats

Okay, I can't confirm any of those, but you get the idea.

Basically, as far as game play goes, they are very different, but when it comes to game code, transporting your character from one location to another, is all the same.

Offline boyben10

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • I m be gud artist now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 19, 2010, 02:17:49 AM »
I read up to page 5; so, if this has been mentioned, forgive me.

However, the idea I had for transportation borrows from a few other games. I'm not saying that it should be a direct replica, but if it works, it works, you know? For flying, I do agree that it would detract from the overall game experience. Being able to fly between towns on the fly would make the game short, even with an abundance of content. So, instead, why not move along the lines of World of Warcraft and make it so that flying can happen between preset points. You would have to meet up with whoever was stationed at both of those points and pay to fly between them. That way, you would still have to travel everywhere on foot. It would just be more convenient for players who have already explored the land. The price would keep it from being abused, as well.

That's the idea, "something" like that.

We will have planes, trains, and automobiles
....and boats

Okay, I can't confirm any of those, but you get the idea.

Basically, as far as game play goes, they are very different, but when it comes to game code, transporting your character from one location to another, is all the same.

You can almost confirm planes, its in one of the pictures at the top of the site http://pokemon-universe.com/dump/ss_v2_1.png
I like slowpoke.

Offline partyprash

• Member Design Team
  • Contributor
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • PartyPrashVideos
« Reply #107 on: September 27, 2010, 01:22:44 AM »
Skateboards is probably one of the Coolest ideas ive read on this site so far !!
that would be amazingness :)
could have sk8 parks and stuff :) maybe some minigames too
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 09:09:53 PM by partyprash »