* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: The BIG transportation topic (bikes, skateboards, etc..)  (Read 40918 times)

Offline kiwipeeps

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: The BIG transportation topic (bikes, skateboards, etc..)
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2010, 10:28:11 pm »
I'm not sure if this has been asked but regarding the transit system, will this be a real time system? As in will there be a train timetable, planes/boats leaving at certain times?

OR will it be a case that you just go to the station, buy a ticket for a certain cost, then you travel immediately.

In either case, will some amount of playing time be lost to travelling? And will this depend on distance?
I immediately regret this decision

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2010, 10:30:33 pm »
I'm not sure if this has been asked but regarding the transit system, will this be a real time system? As in will there be a train timetable, planes/boats leaving at certain times?

OR will it be a case that you just go to the station, buy a ticket for a certain cost, then you travel immediately.

In either case, will some amount of playing time be lost to travelling? And will this depend on distance?
oh wow i never thought of that good question ^ ^
Never Underestimate the Kindness of other Humans.

Offline omegaz88

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2010, 10:38:12 pm »
You should a full time system for real time play and sometimes the amount of time it takes to get somewhere due to the length of travel can get annoying.

Offline kiwipeeps

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2010, 11:15:45 pm »

Sorry, another question: Supposing it is a real time system, and some time is lost to travelling, then, will the modes of transport be explorable areas. I noticed this commend from Mr Dark:

I know boats have been implemented in games before... but how about a luxury cruise ship with a pokemart, pokemon center and possibly other stores and rooms... I believe this would be innovative.

Yes, we're already planning to implement such a ship. :)

So is this a one off or will all public transport be like this?

(Sorry a lot of questions, on a subject some might consider boring, but I just wanted an idea on how slick it will be?)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 11:17:46 pm by kiwipeeps »
I immediately regret this decision

Offline Stranger

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2010, 05:22:02 pm »
and now when we're in a questioning mood... if there secondary transportation that runs a certain time... will everyone be able to buy a ticket or will it only be a certain amount of train tickets available? :P
As most have said on this subject though, I'm all for walking. Too many means of transportations restricts the interaction and adventure capability of the players. I don't want everyone jumping around on pogo sticks when I'm trying to talk to someone or get someone to fight with! :O

Offline Pika

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2010, 08:57:07 pm »
Okay, I'm just going to put some Ideas out there and let you read them:

-What if trains/subways/ships/etc. left at small intervals like 5 minutes. It takes a minute or 2 to reach the destined city. However, that city must be relatively close. This gives riders time to communicate but not so much that it gets annoying. The riders may then chose to stay on or get off. Or board a different transportation system going to another city.

-Fly should only be able to take you so far before your pokemon gets tired. It should have a cool-down time of approx 5 min. as well. This should get rid of instant, across the world travel, and add an aspect of realism.

-You should be able to buy transportation vehicles such as bikes, roller blades, and skateboards. They should also be different speeds and prices as was discussed in previous posts.
The order of price and speed should be like this:
-Running shoes
-Roller blades
-Scooter
-Bike
-?Moped?-super expen$ive

Maybe game creators can get little cars ;D
heh-heh, maybe not...
THANKS FOR AT LEAST READING!!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 08:59:46 pm by Pika »

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2010, 11:04:49 am »

-What if trains/subways/ships/etc. left at small intervals like 5 minutes. It takes a minute or 2 to reach the destined city. However, that city must be relatively close. This gives riders time to communicate but not so much that it gets annoying. The riders may then chose to stay on or get off. Or board a different transportation system going to another city.

-Fly should only be able to take you so far before your pokemon gets tired. It should have a cool-down time of approx 5 min. as well. This should get rid of instant, across the world travel, and add an aspect of realism.

-You should be able to buy transportation vehicles such as bikes, roller blades, and skateboards. They should also be different speeds and prices as was discussed in previous posts.
-Running shoes
-Roller blades
-Scooter
-Bike
-?Moped?-super expen$ive

heh-heh, maybe not...
All posts made by Pika are actually me. I decided to change my name because, well, I didn't like it :P. Also Mr Pokemon is an awesome name!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 11:06:30 am by Mr Pokemon »

Offline spirit

• pikaNYA~
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • nyannyannyannyannyan
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2010, 11:54:59 am »
All posts made by Pika are actually me. I decided to change my name because, well, I didn't like it :P. Also Mr Pokemon is an awesome name!

It would be preferred if you only had one account.
Oh, and you could have just told us you wanted to change your name, instead of making a new account.

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2010, 11:59:41 am »
I'm sorry, I won't do it again. It completely slipped my mind that I could have asked a crew member...

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2010, 04:08:06 pm »
careful the topic troll might attack, back on topic ^ ^
Never Underestimate the Kindness of other Humans.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2010, 07:11:31 pm »
Alrighty, I have a few ideas, also something regarding the FLY HM.
While flyshould have the cooldown, it, like all the other transportation, should have a stamina BAR, meaning that depending on the size and level of the pokemon, it should be able to fly farther, and more often (i.e. a level one hunded Charizard could take you around the world and back and be ready to fly again in like two minutes, while a level five pidgey would takke ten minutes of recharge to takeyou two cities away).

I also think that the mechancal pokemon or anything mechanical should have a seperate stamina bar from everything else, because it doesn't exaust a person to sit on a robot for half an hour.

and here's another idea: A carriage pulled by rapidash =D.

Also, some vehicles could have events attached to them, like with my carriage idea, there could be some collesium-like building where people had fights while on a carriage.

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2010, 07:17:04 pm »
(i.e. a level one hunded Charizard could take you around the world and back and be ready to fly again in like two minutes, while a level five pidgey would takke ten minutes of recharge to takeyou two cities away).

I agree with that, but, It would take forever for the PU team to come up with the distance and cooldown rates for every Pokemon that can learn fly. I also think that even though Charizard at level 100 should be able to take you a long way, it shouldn't be that far.

Offline Duke

• Beginning Trainer
  • Jesus-He loves him some Pokemon
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2010, 06:56:07 am »

-Running shoes
-Roller blades
-Scooter
-Bike
-?Moped?-super expen$ive

heh-heh, maybe not...
Oooo i just had a (possibly) great idea!
pokemon themed gokarts ingame!  Such as pikachu or mario!
It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvbhz8_N6-0

Smell ya later!

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2010, 11:17:17 am »
Oooo i just had a (possibly) great idea!
pokemon themed gokarts ingame!  Such as pikachu or mario!

That would work better as a minigame.
By the way, Mario isn't a Pokemon  :P

Offline Sephiroth

• Beginning Trainer
  • Take that Nibelheim
    • View Profile
Re: Bikes are overrated
« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2010, 09:09:38 pm »
i think that you should be able to ride pokemon like rapidash as a form of transportation

Pretty much this. Instead of bikes, you can ride a pokemon.
Come here, its a little... safer