* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: quest idea i had  (Read 9973 times)

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
Re: quest idea i had
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011, 03:30:53 am »
I didn't really understand that post, but it's still too short. You need to add more than that. What happens after you find out that the guy is part of an evil corporation? What happens when you save the lady?

Be careful with questions like that.
Though I agree its too short, your other questions have a chance to not matter, though in this case they do, as he very specifically said level 47 steelix. Thats about midgame, so whatever 'group' there is, you would be very aware of them by now.

But lets just say, this is low level, you're new to Miryus and you do this quest, and the pokemon is, i dunno, a zubat or something.

Why, and how would you know that this person is part of an evil corporation?
And after saving this woman would constitute a reward would it not? And end everything, as your job is done and you have whatever you recieved?

If this was a low level quest, it would be allowed to be somewhat open ended, but because it HAS to be a LEVEL 47 STEELIX, alot more work has to be done.
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline himoo1

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 03:34:53 am »
you can decide once again to be good or evil and give the pokemon to the lady and capture the guy and find out about his corporation (don't know what it should be called maybe Izigle?) to shut it down, or give it to the evil guy and have the woman move to a completely different region because you gave up her pokemon. The rewards for giving it to the lady is once again a longer quest and if you give it to the bad guy, you get a rare candy and a level 20 random non-legendary pokemon. When you figure out the headquarters of the corporation to shut it down you have to go through each trainer looking for a pass to go up for each floor (total of 5 floors) each level gets harder, once you reach the top you face the trainer who tried to steal the steelix, which if you lose you have to redo the whole building, if you win the corporation is shutdown, you gain pokemoney, ill let you know when i know how much the goods will be in the game, and you also get a level 25 pokemon of your choice of these three: Onix, Pikachu, or Machop. 
Thanks for all of the criticism it is helping me with this idea.

Gotta love Pokemon

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2011, 05:00:15 pm »
Okay, I like the extended version a lot better. However, making it longer doesn't make it more detailed. If you can take all the ideas you have now, and formulate them into one quest with details such as:
 - How do you find out the guy is evil?
 - How do you find out where the old lady is from?
 - Who gives you your reward?
etc.

Offline FireDarkGuy

• Normal Trainer
  • Is this thing working?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2011, 05:12:44 pm »
I think you have a good imagination, but, your quest is having TOO MUCH ACTIONS. The quests needs to be simple and to evolve a pokemon at level 47 for a quest it's really hard. Why you don't try something easiest.
I LOVE CHARIZARD AND UMBREON!

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2011, 07:02:00 pm »
I think too it's getting better now, but having the pieces here and there doesn't help much. Okay, I'll try to merge it all...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You enter a cave and a trainer runs towards you asking you to catch its pokemon because it broke loose of its ball that his parents gave him. It has been in his family for a while... [spoiler]'It' here refers to what exactly? ???[/spoiler]

You can either decide to be good or evil and catch it and keep it or catch it and give it back...

If you give it back the reward will not be as good but you will be able to feel like you did the right thing. The pokemon would be a steelix at level 47 (yes i know im specific haha). The quest then continues because after a while you find out he was a pokemon thief and his plan of using a dark ball to capture the steelix didn't work. The ball however somehow exploded and the steelix managed to get away. So when he saw you coming in, he acted as if it was his. He lied, trying to make you get it for him. He in fact tied up an older lady and that Steelix was hers. He locked her into a warehouse, because he was an evil person working for an unknown corporation.

You can decide once again to be good or evil and give the pokemon to the lady and capture the guy and find out about his corporation (don't know what it should be called maybe Izigle?) to shut it down. The rewards for giving it to the lady is once again a longer quest.

Or you decide to give Steelix to the evil guy and have the woman move to a completely different region because you gave up her pokemon. Here, you get a rare candy and a level 20 random non-legendary pokemon.

When you figure out the headquarters of the corporation to shut it down, you have to go through each trainer looking for a pass to go up for each floor (total of 5 floors) each level gets harder. Once you reach the top you face the trainer who tried to steal the Steelix and challenge him. If you lose you have to redo the whole building, but otherwise, the corporation is shutdown and you gain pokemoney.

I'll let you know when I know how much the goods will be in the game, and you also get a level 25 pokemon of your choice of these three: Onix, Pikachu, or Machop. [spoiler]I thought it was level 20? ???[/spoiler]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, that's getting some shape. If you could now add the answers to Declan's questions, that'd be even better!
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2011, 03:20:15 am »
I think you have a good imagination, but, your quest is having TOO MUCH ACTIONS. The quests needs to be simple and to evolve a pokemon at level 47 for a quest it's really hard. Why you don't try something easiest.
Wtf does "your quest is having TOO MUCH ACTIONS." mean? And you obviously don't understand quests. Go play an RPG like Oblivion. Quests aren't supposed to be simple and short, unless it's one of the first quests in the game, and quests are supposed to be interesting and detailed. Once you get further in the game, you want the quests to be harder, otherwise the game isn't challenging, which makes the game boring. So, this could be a quest later in the game. He never said anything about evolving the pokemon, so that part made no sense.

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2011, 10:00:02 pm »
what trainerx said
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline himoo1

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2011, 02:11:12 am »
sorry wasnt able to poast for a bit but alright ill try to fix the blank spots real quick and answer questions
How do you know the guy is evil?
You are informed when you find the old lady who is locked up in a warehouse to find poke food for the bad guy, and when you go into the warehouse you look around and find her tied up in a back room, which is also where the food was stored.
How do you find out where the lady is from?
The lady tells you the whole story and she is from that town and everyone supports her and was telling you when you asked about her later on to conform that it was her pokemon and that it was stolen.
Who gives you your reward?
For the first reward- Evil Trainer if you give him the pokemon, or you if you keep the steelix
Second reward-You deciding on whether or not to give the pokemon to the lady or the guy and whichever one you pick you get the reward (the evil guy gets you the pokemon and rare candy)
Third reward- The old lady gives you the pokemon of those three choices and the pokemoney
Blank spot1
When he tells you it has been in his family for a while... after that he asks you a favor to go grab some pokefood in his warehouse not to far from the cave and to take the pokemon for protection. Once you enter you see an old lady who you untie and tells you her story of how it is hers and how she was abducted. She was told by the evil that the steelix would be needed for testing and that they needed it and she refused to give it up so they attempted to steal it and decided to lock her up in their form of prison which was a chair and rope with duct tape to tie her up.
Blank spot2
The lady thanks you and decides to reward you with one of the three smaller pokemon running around in her home which was once locked but now you can enter it and you get to choose either the pikachu, onix, or machop and also a reasonable amount of pokemoney when i find out how much that is.

Gotta love Pokemon

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2011, 06:26:01 pm »
sorry wasnt able to poast for a bit but alright ill try to fix the blank spots real quick and answer questions
How do you know the guy is evil?
You are informed when you find the old lady who is locked up in a warehouse to find poke food for the bad guy, and when you go into the warehouse you look around and find her tied up in a back room, which is also where the food was stored.

Wait... so the 'bad man' is in fact, himself showing you that he's bad? >.<

How do you find out where the lady is from?
The lady tells you the whole story and she is from that town and everyone supports her and was telling you when you asked about her later on to conform that it was her pokemon and that it was stolen.

Okay for this part.

Who gives you your reward?
For the first reward- Evil Trainer if you give him the pokemon, or you if you keep the steelix
Second reward-You deciding on whether or not to give the pokemon to the lady or the guy and whichever one you pick you get the reward (the evil guy gets you the pokemon and rare candy)
Third reward- The old lady gives you the pokemon of those three choices and the pokemoney

Wait wait wait. I'm not even sure if you made it explicit enough.

First reward:
- Good - you get nothing, but the quest goes on.
- Bad - you get a rare candy from the evil guy.

Second reward:
- Good - you get the pokemon + rare candy by old lady.
- Bad - you get the pokemon + rare candy by evil guy.

Third reward:
- Good - 1 of Pikachu/Machop/Onix + Money
- Bad - Nothing as the quest ended already.

Is that what you meant? That seems... ???

Blank spot1
When he tells you it has been in his family for a while... after that he asks you a favor to go grab some pokefood in his warehouse not to far from the cave and to take the pokemon for protection. Once you enter you see an old lady who you untie and tells you her story of how it is hers and how she was abducted. She was told by the evil that the steelix would be needed for testing and that they needed it and she refused to give it up so they attempted to steal it and decided to lock her up in their form of prison which was a chair and rope with duct tape to tie her up.

Um.. okay.

Blank spot2
The lady thanks you and decides to reward you with one of the three smaller pokemon running around in her home which was once locked but now you can enter it and you get to choose either the pikachu, onix, or machop and also a reasonable amount of pokemoney when i find out how much that is.

Okay, those two are clear, but the rewards are still not that clear.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline himoo1

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2011, 10:55:29 pm »
Kind of because that was an accident he didn't know he was sending you to the same room as the lady he put in there.

okay and now for the rewards it is...
first reward
good- quest continues
bad- rare candy from evil guy

second reward
good- quest goes on and a rare candy
bad- pokemon and rare candy from evil guy

third reward
good- pokecash and pokemon from the lady
bad- quest has already ended.

so kinda jerry

Gotta love Pokemon

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2011, 07:16:36 pm »
Okay, for the part where you find out about the old lady, you might do something else, off your idea.

eg.
- You hear a noise coming from the room adjacent, with a closed/locked door. To get in, you get around the building and enter through a back door.
- You are instead told to keep a look onto the pokemon of the bad guy while he gets some food. The pokemon starts behaving strangely and tries to get into the back room.
- Your pokemon (which is following you [I don't know yet if that will be ready when the quest is ready]) acts strangely and wants to get in the room adjacent. It manages to get in before you hold it back, and when you get there yourself, you find the old lady tied up.

and you can look for many other creative ways! :)

Okay, for the rewards, it's okay then. The evil guy seems to like giving away rare candies though :-X

Offline Wire

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2011, 07:20:45 pm »
The prizes are exactly the same if you choose the bad guy the mission ends earlier make it two things that are completly different too each other maybe a pokemon from one of the people or a ticket to a place or poke egg or fossil.

Offline himoo1

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2011, 02:37:25 am »
wire, the pokemon are different pokemon... i still haven't decided what pokemon the bad guy will give yet but it will be just one specific pokemon instead of a choice of 3... that is why i said random pokemon...
Jerry, i actually like that idea, so how about:
as you come in the pokemon runs off and you go searching inside the place for it and as you are about to go tell the person you lost steelix in the warehouse you hear a box fall and you go looking for the source of the fall and find the old lady with the steelix and he is trying to free her.
Is that good?
oh and the first reward  and second reward is different now
1st
good- quest continues
bad- quest continues
2nd
good- 3 hyper potions to use to defeat the bad guy
bad-pokemon [lvl 20-25 (I know i said 25 before but i dont know anymore if it should or not help me decide) and a ? help me decide that also] and rare candy
3rd (as a reminder)
good- pokecash and pokemon (lvl 20 onix, machop, or pikachu)
bad- nothing as the quest has already finished

Gotta love Pokemon

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2011, 09:06:19 pm »
Good, now that you have your own idea of the how it'll be, that's better :)

Well, I think that the rewards are enough, given the level of the quest I think it is.

Offline himoo1

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2011, 10:29:57 pm »
thanks and it was thanks to yours, declans, and other peoples help on this asking me about part of it and showing me blank spots and generally giving good advise

Gotta love Pokemon