* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: (OOCC) Kokia: Pending Conflicts  (Read 50954 times)

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • They said I could be anything, so I became a snake
    • View Profile
Re: (OOCC) Kokia: Pending Conflicts
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2011, 03:50:20 AM »
3 questions.

1) My plan was for Scythe to be able to channel electricity through his sword when fighting. Is it alright if I plan for the sword he's given to have qualities of Electricity without him knowing? Or would he be able to do that with a gift?

2) Can you give me an example as to how a character would go about taming a creature? Both normal and magical would be nice.

3) How long did it take you to come up with this entire RP? It looks like you took a LONG time thinking this entire thing through.

I'll answer that backwards

3. 4 hours tops (I know A LOT about magical theory and mythology, it wasn't hard)
(P.S, you can ask Cortex, he was in the room when I made it lol)

2. For more intelligent beings I'd suggest befriending it, for dumber animals you can tame it by force and break its spirit

1. The electricity thing would be fine if its a family heirloom that was secretly a magical item, and if his gifts are dragon aligned he would be able to call upon the items forged in ability to an extent

Well, my plan was for it to be something Scythe's father had made especially for him, knowing he had the gift that allowed him to use Electricity. Would that be okay?

*Reads Ayara's profile, then reads mine again*

I feel like that one time someone recited 800 digits of Pi in front of me.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 03:58:31 AM by Darkstar64 »

Offline Ayara012

• Good Trainer
  • Arch Knight Ayara here~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2011, 03:59:18 AM »
yo, Rob, i sent u a character Skeleton. Is that an okay Character?

YES YES IT IS!!! I liked it vary much
omg, seriously? well, im glad i could make a good char.skel. i think my one for ur last RP was a little lacking... *sweat drop*
so, ill be part of the RP now, since we all know Rob makes such attention-getting-and-holding RPs.  ;D
As the saying goes, Curiosity killed the cat, not the dragon.
Sister, you really must stop throwing shoes at people.
Hello there.

Offline Robbase231

• Beginning Trainer
  • My reaction to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2011, 04:25:43 AM »
yo, Rob, i sent u a character Skeleton. Is that an okay Character?

YES YES IT IS!!! I liked it vary much
omg, seriously? well, im glad i could make a good char.skel. i think my one for ur last RP was a little lacking... *sweat drop*
so, ill be part of the RP now, since we all know Rob makes such attention-getting-and-holding RPs.  ;D

Why thank you

Offline Ayara012

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2011, 04:27:11 AM »
your welcome. now, my question is; when are we gonna start? any idea? are we waiting for more people to be characters, or...?
Hello there.

Offline Robbase231

• Beginning Trainer
  • My reaction to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2011, 05:16:41 AM »
your welcome. now, my question is; when are we gonna start? any idea? are we waiting for more people to be characters, or...?

I want to give people a chance to make their characters, there are some plot parts I want to fill in as well before we get started

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2011, 05:24:00 AM »
I do have four other questions about this RP.

1) I know that god-modding is an issue in RP'ing, but would there be a chance of two characters passing by, but not really acknowledging each other? For example, maybe Ayara and Scythe pass each other, but the two don't really talk, maybe just a quick exchange.

-Hello, there.

-Lowly human.

2) When fighting, I assume you have to say what type of attack you're using, Eg:

I swung my sword. = NO

I attacked with a backhand slice, then went in for a forward thrust. = YES

3) In my character skeleton, I said Scythe was learning Eyowin. If that's the case, I imagine he would sometimes mess up what he was trying to say.
Eg:
-Common  *Eyowin
*It's nice to see you again.
(As opposed to it's nice to meet you.)

4) I was hoping for my character to have a theme song. I know what you're thinking, that's a little selfish, making it look like the RP is all about me. I don't blame you for that, but the way I see it, music just adds that much more to the situation. Setting the mood, putting you in the character's shoes, almost creating the scene for you. It'd be nice to add music to a lot of events that go on in the RP, and I can usually pick out just the right music for any kind of event, so I'm not going to put 'asdfmovie song' in for a fight. And there won't be any techno either, considering the 'period of time'. If you don't want me to, just let me know.

Sorry about asking so many questions, I just want to make sure I'll be doing this the way you intended.

Offline Robbase231

• Beginning Trainer
  • My reaction to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2011, 05:36:27 AM »

1) I know that god-modding is an issue in RP'ing, but would there be a chance of two characters passing by, but not really acknowledging each other? For example, maybe Ayara and Scythe pass each other, but the two don't really talk, maybe just a quick exchange.

-Hello, there.

-Lowly human.

2) When fighting, I assume you have to say what type of attack you're using, Eg:

I swung my sword. = NO

I attacked with a backhand slice, then went in for a forward thrust. = YES

3) In my character skeleton, I said Scythe was learning Eyowin. If that's the case, I imagine he would sometimes mess up what he was trying to say.
Eg:
-Common  *Eyowin
*It's nice to see you again.
(As opposed to it's nice to meet you.)

4) I was hoping for my character to have a theme song. I know what you're thinking, that's a little selfish, making it look like the RP is all about me. I don't blame you for that, but the way I see it, music just adds that much more to the situation. Setting the mood, putting you in the character's shoes, almost creating the scene for you. It'd be nice to add music to a lot of events that go on in the RP, and I can usually pick out just the right music for any kind of event, so I'm not going to put 'asdfmovie song' in for a fight. And there won't be any techno either, considering the 'period of time'. If you don't want me to, just let me know.

Sorry about asking so many questions, I just want to make sure I'll be doing this the way you intended.

4: I am not sure how you would have a "theme song" for your character, you may have to elaborate on that (like an audio file? or lyrics?)

3: yes you could do that, if your specifying your speaking in Eyowin you can do the broken speech bit, that would add an interesting flavor to the R.P

2: You are absolutely right. in fact, fights in general MUST be planned before hand, especially if its between two R.P'ers, I do not like the "Ego battles" that happen sometimes, they are not interesting to read, but a choreographed fight will be interesting to prospective players

1: G-modding will NOT be tolerated of course, I will have your character randomly gobbled up by a dragon or something if you do it to much, as far as ignoring other players there is some leeway. For instance if you both are walking down the street and don't know each-other then no you don't need to see each other...but if one is locked in a life or death struggle and half the block is on fire with people screaming for their lives...and your window shopping, THEN I have a problem
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 05:39:43 AM by Robbase231 »

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2011, 05:55:16 AM »
1) Well, I understand that part. It would be like if there wasn't anything going on, the two just pass each other, then they wouldn't necessarily talk.

4) Well, what I mean by that is I would somehow give a link to a song (through youtube or other websites with music, or possibly a download if requested), and when reading the post, you would listen to it. Trust me, listening to the right music when reading REALLY adds to the feeling of the text.

5) I also forgot to ask what the map of the area we're in looks like. I have a general idea of what it looks like, but I'm still a little confused.

Offline Robbase231

• Beginning Trainer
  • My reaction to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2011, 07:17:09 AM »
1) Well, I understand that part. It would be like if there wasn't anything going on, the two just pass each other, then they wouldn't necessarily talk.

4) Well, what I mean by that is I would somehow give a link to a song (through youtube or other websites with music, or possibly a download if requested), and when reading the post, you would listen to it. Trust me, listening to the right music when reading REALLY adds to the feeling of the text.

5) I also forgot to ask what the map of the area we're in looks like. I have a general idea of what it looks like, but I'm still a little confused.

I haven't posted an official map yet, once Im happy with how everything is laid out then I'll make it

the general layout though is the humans run the center and north of the continent, elves and the Faerie run the east with Gods presiding over the land and Orcs, dark elves and goblins run the west with dragons presiding over them. Also the main Kingdom of humans is known as Arcadia (generic sure, but it works) and inside there is several guilds and the Arcadian magic institute as well as the Castle itself

Politics run like this

East: Dynasties Run by the high elves (I have a whole heirarchy based on actual dynasties)
Central: Kingdom, Feudal law (I'll elaborate later)
West: Many small tribes, some will help and some will scalp you, pretty much Anarchy

there is a lot more, but I want to make sure I can properly explain it all

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2011, 04:13:25 PM »
Okay, now I see how it works. Thanks for answering my questions!

Offline Ayara012

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2011, 11:09:06 PM »
what about the South? uncharted territory?
Hello there.

Offline Ayara012

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2011, 11:11:08 PM »

-Hello, there.

-Lowly human.

...okay, she's not quite THAT snobby. or at least not that obvious about it.
Hello there.

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2011, 12:42:09 AM »
K, well...That's kinda what I imagined her to say.

Offline Ayara012

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2011, 01:16:21 AM »
...in a case like that, she'd be like,
"..."
or:
"Do you need something, child?"
(in a rude voice, not a kind one.)
Hello there.

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2011, 01:22:38 AM »
 :o Okay, i am curious now, what would she do to a fairy?
TRANSMISSION_END