* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: STOP SOPA/PIPA  (Read 50782 times)

Offline NexosYourGayBestFriend96

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
Re: STOP SOPA/PIPA
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2012, 03:11:50 AM »
Well whether it is or not, I think all we can do now is do what we can to stop anything bad from happening and hope for the best.
. . .

Offline shermana

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2012, 04:21:46 AM »
Do you think Nintendo will give us permission to keep this site up and running? I mean we aren't stealing profit from them. If they don't like it so much can't they just take control and have it a profite game and give some of profit to them. The only thing we are taking from them is the pokemon from the games, the name pokemon, and a pokeball. we are changing most of the details of the game.

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2012, 04:26:21 AM »
Do you think Nintendo will give us permission to keep this site up and running? I mean we aren't stealing profit from them. If they don't like it so much can't they just take control and have it a profite game and give some of profit to them. The only thing we are taking from them is the pokemon from the games, the name pokemon, and a pokeball. we are changing most of the details of the game.

Most likely no.  The best chance would be for nintendo to see a chance for profit from this but, then again that might just lead them to taking it over and making it cost money to play.  Which would be no good.  Unless they want to hire the team, which could be nice.

Offline NexosYourGayBestFriend96

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2012, 04:27:27 AM »
Well either way, questions like that should really be in another thread, not this one.
. . .

Offline shermana

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2012, 04:28:53 AM »
true to both comments. if they make it a profit i bet it will be in to 10-15 a month. but this topic should be in a different thread, if not, not even spoken about at this point in the making of PU

Offline Reafer

• Normal Trainer
  • Gents Dandy Cookies Association
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2012, 04:31:27 AM »
You do know this is a non-profit fan made game and that Nintendo is in no way involved in the development of the game? It's posted everywhere... Also Mr_Dark has no plans of making profits from this as he has said many time before.
I love Turtles!
For I am the Turtle God!!!

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2012, 04:34:55 AM »
I know.

I just stated what could happen.  But most likely nintendo would want to shut down the site. 

The purpose of PU isn't money.  It's about making a good game that people want to play.  The pokemon game of our dreams.  Well kind of.

Offline shermana

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2012, 04:35:45 AM »
yeah but from the recent SOPA and PIPA, PU could get shut down or turned over from nintendo if they want to take over instead of having it shut down. Nintendo could make it a profit, but I definitely know that the people who are developing it now will not and never will make it profitable.

Well i dont see why Nintendo wouldn't want to take it over. It would be a great opportunity, but a tragedy among us.

Double post merged.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 07:46:21 AM by Yukimenoko »

Offline eddiedelta8

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2012, 05:49:37 AM »
i know this is off ttopic but has anyone noticed minecraft is coming out on xbox360? its almost like notch saw it coming.
 the end of the internet(or most of it)

anyway back on topic SOPA is basically like my example below

bob: ive invented pie :D

*years later*

gov.: NO MORE PIE FO JOO
*gives pie to china*

*few days later*

bobs great grandson: oh my god i knew i shouldve payed attention to the news more often

USA status: mass chaos
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." -Mewtwo (Pokemon - The First Movie)

Offline Monzta

• CharlesedickNB
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Effectively.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2012, 05:52:55 AM »
What the chansey are you saying, eddie?

Offline eddiedelta8

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2012, 06:11:19 AM »
what i am saying is that SOPA will basicallytake away (shut down) sites that are made in the US but let the rest of the world have sites made in those countries.

and if i am correct most sites are made in the USA so the internet will collaspe withiin a short amount of time
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." -Mewtwo (Pokemon - The First Movie)

Offline Reafer

• Normal Trainer
  • Gents Dandy Cookies Association
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2012, 06:47:19 AM »
US is an ass that tries to manipulate others, history has proven this to me at least. Not saying it is true, but to me it just seems the government will make loop holes to affect other countries and be in control.

I stopped playing Minecraft as soon as December came because of PU. (side note to eddiedelta8's comment)
I Honestly banned myself from the server where I was admin because few people came on add I got bored. I lived in a giant Pokeball made by sever owner after he gave it to me. next to it I built a Pokemon stadium and a almost finished Charizard Pixel art.
I love Turtles!
For I am the Turtle God!!!

Offline Tristan

• Normal Trainer
  • If I was a pie, I'd be a good pie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2012, 07:15:22 AM »
Well this subject has gone waaay off topic, but let just say, the US isn't a bad country, its stupid people that make stupid decisions about stupid things. I'm thinking the blackout that went on today was way different than any other petition ever signed. I mean seriously, 5 Million+ people against a bill is incredible. Cheers to that.

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • They said I could be anything, so I became a snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2012, 07:18:28 AM »
The U.S. isn't stupid, it's just the people who run the country. :P

Even being an american, that just sounds wrong.

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2012, 07:45:06 AM »
Don't double post.
If for some reason Nintendo wants to take over this one fan made game, then it should be considered a win for everyone since it could mean Nintendo might consider making the work good and might make it legal while they develop it more. If Mr_Dark gets his work legalized from Nintendo then Amazing Freaking Unbelievable Accomplishment it would be for him and I hope he would be happy with that and gets credit where credit is due. 

I hope so if nintendo intends to take it over instead of letting it shut down, but of course they want to make full profit out of it. Which means we gotta pay for the game if this bill is accepted and if Nintendo wants to take over our project. Quite funny but I wonder where they want to bring it out. They prefer using their own consoles but if they do that it ain't an MMORPG anymore because their consoles so far didn't really include MMO. Best communications I've seen them doing so far is for Mario Kart and SSBB and those had a small maximum. They either need to come up with a strong console capable of carrying an entire server or keep it for the computer which could be loss since this game is pretty amazing compared to other pokémon games and nobody buys an console specifically for pokémon games.

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.