* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Legend of Zelda  (Read 12631 times)

Offline PsyduckPh33r

• Beginning Trainer
  • O_O
    • View Profile
Legend of Zelda
« on: June 18, 2010, 05:29:47 PM »
                     Since I have found no topics for this series, (I'm suprised a bit actually) I decided to make a topic about the Legend of Zelda. Not to sure if this is going to be popular, or even responded, but I thought it deserved a topic of its own. You may talk about the games, memories, and the like.

Thanks for listening to me babble on and go right ahead! ;D
   Psyduck owns.

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
Re: Legend of Zelda
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 05:50:12 PM »
Might be a good idea for the topic starter to give some kind of start point for a discussion, otherwise this is going nowhere.
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline ChibiVampire

• Normal Trainer
  • Aw... I have to walk to a stupidly far store... :/
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 10:04:34 PM »
I always loved the legend of zelda, the first one I played was Ocarina of Time for the Nintendo 64. That sure had some good memories... :3
Could you click my links daily?

Offline spirit

• pikaNYA~
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • nyannyannyannyannyan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 11:56:52 PM »
The best LOZ game imo is definitely Links Awakening/Four Sword for the GBA. Yes, I recognize it was originally on the SNES, but the GBA version had multiplayer, and the hurricane spin.

Also, there is a Legend of Zelda forum...though it is kinda...'different'....
here, let me link you to it
Clicky
Yeah, good luck reading that.

Offline ChibiVampire

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 12:09:42 AM »
Oh yeah, I still need to read that... >.>!

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 02:14:17 AM »
I am currently playing Twilight Princess for Wii.
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline ChibiVampire

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 03:14:48 AM »
So am I... :3!
Well... My friend is saving my game on her Wii... >.>

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 03:59:01 AM »
I found that Twilight princess was overrated for what everyone says it is. Don't get me wrong, its a good game, I beat it 6 times, its just not as good as the N64 versions in my opinion.

I'm even one of the people who like Majora's Mask more than Ocarina of Time.
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline Tealize

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2010, 06:36:11 AM »
I have been a huge LoZ fan for a long time.  I started with the Ocarina of Time on the N64 and then went on to play Majora's Mask (my favorite) and then Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.  I also played a couple of the handheld titles: Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass.  I also have A Link to the Past on the Virtual Console for my Wii.

I honestly think that TP was not as strong as its predecessors.  I didnt dislike it at all, I just thought it wasn't as good. 

The new one that was announced at E3 the other day (Skyward Sword) doesn't really catch my interest all that much.  I think it looks cliche with a lot of gimmicky weapons the way the recent handheld titles had.  I might just have some major nostalgia goggles but I'm way more excited about the re-release of Ocarina of Time on the 3DS than I am about the new console Zelda. 

Nintendo E3 Press Kit
Username: guest
Password: nintendo

Offline boyben10

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • I m be gud artist now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2010, 12:45:31 PM »
time for a new zelda game, looks like a cross between twilight princess and windwaker, not sure if this is good or bad yet, I guess we'll have to see
I like slowpoke.

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2010, 03:42:30 PM »
I've always been a huge fan of the LoZ series; ever since the first game and continuing on up until the latest game. I'm actually considering buying a Wii for Skyward Sword. (Not the only reason, but a big one mind you.) I own near all of them, except for Twilight Princess on the Wii, but I have it on the Gamecube. Better there, if you ask me, as Link is left handed in that version.
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**

Offline PsyduckPh33r

• Beginning Trainer
  • O_O
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2010, 06:48:41 PM »
Might be a good idea for the topic starter to give some kind of start point for a discussion, otherwise this is going nowhere.
Oh Mr_Dark your so helpful. :D

@Tealize: Yeah I agree Skyward Sword seems ok (the graphics are unique and pretty!) there was nothing to grasp on yet, but I'm sure it will be good, after all, how can their be a bad zelda game?

I remember playing Ocarina of Time, my favorite zelda game yet. I would stay up for hours playing it. It was a new thing at the time and I'm still amazed at the detail and length of the game. For those who played Majoras Mask, is it good and what is it about?
   Psyduck owns.

Offline Tealize

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2010, 08:04:39 PM »
Oh Mr_Dark your so helpful. :D

@Tealize: Yeah I agree Skyward Sword seems ok (the graphics are unique and pretty!) there was nothing to grasp on yet, but I'm sure it will be good, after all, how can their be a bad zelda game?

I remember playing Ocarina of Time, my favorite zelda game yet. I would stay up for hours playing it. It was a new thing at the time and I'm still amazed at the detail and length of the game. For those who played Majoras Mask, is it good and what is it about?

Majora's Mask is my personal favorite. It's a lot more dark themed than Ocarina of Time as it deals a lot with death and destruction of this place called Termina (which Link stumbled into when he was chasing the Skull Kid (main antagonist) who stole his horse). The Skull Kid changes Link into a Deku Scrub and leaves him alone inside a clocktower with this creepy Mask Salesman. The salesman tells you that if you can get back the mask that the Skull Kid was wearing, he will help you change back into a kid.

That's the intro anyway. The game itself has you on a 72-hour time limit (3 in-game days) which you can reset at anytime by playing the Song of Time (you can also slow down time, effectively doubling it, by playing a secret song). There are four temples in all, each having its own theme. You can change into a total of 4 characters-- deku, zora, goron and another secret one --each with their own abilities. NPCs will react to you differently depending on which form you take as well. Also, there are 20 extra masks you can collect by completing side quests involving the NPCs lives. The side quests are actually my favorite part as they go into such detail on the lives and labors of these people who haveu to relive everything every three days, over and over again until you come along and save them.

Anyway, sorry it got kind of long, but I hope you get the general idea of what this epic game is about. It is DEFINITELY worth a play-through (or two :D).

Let me know if you do decide to play it! It's an absolutely enthralling game :)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2010, 10:23:11 PM »
So far, I've played Minish Cap on GBA, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks... I loved them all!

The only problems are the little things spread around the regions that you have to collect..
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2010, 11:27:39 PM »
My favorites are Links Awakening and Ocarina of Time. After that I really got hooked on Zelda and the main reason I bought a Wii, for Twilight Princess.

Although Twilight Princess let me down (compared to OOT), Nintendo made me a happy panda by announcing a new Zelda game for Wii (Skyward Sword) on the E3.

For those who missed it:
Gameplay trailer: http://uk.wii.ign.com/dor/objects/872155/the-legend-of-zelda-wii/videos/e310_zelda_full_trl_061510.html
Whole press conference: http://uk.wii.ign.com/dor/objects/872155/the-legend-of-zelda-wii/videos/e310_zelda_demo_061510.html
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".